On a long waiting list for Shichida classes in Singapore? Good news for you: Heguru Method (a right brain development school which also originates from Japan) has landed in Singapore.
Henmi Educational General Laboratory (HEGL), pronounced as ”Heguru”, manages the single largest right brain development school in Japan with students from Tokyo and 25 other prefectures. Through over 30 years, they have developed an educational programme, which includes an extensive 86 categories of courses, spanning from pre-natal to senior high school years.
HEGL’s vision is for parents to enjoy raising their children and to assist parents to develop and harness their children’s innate potential. HEGL hopes to develop children to become future great leaders and be able to make a meaningful contribution to society.
(Source: Heguru Method Learning Centre @ Fusionpolis)
Heguru Japan website is here.
Our family uses the Shichida right brain development method, so why am I writing about Heguru? Reasons:
- My fellow blogger friend, Shen-Li (author of Figur8.net), sends her children to a Heguru centre in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. From our conversations and her sharing on her blog, I understand that Heguru is a true-blue right brain development method.
- One of founders of a Heguru centre starting in Singapore is my friend. Before she started this business venture, I gave her my input on what I knew about Heguru. I’m glad that she has made this a reality.
- I wish to see many more parents and children benefiting from true-blue right brain development methods, which (in my opinion) include the Shichida and Heguru methods.
About Heguru Singapore
There are 3 Singapore franchisees appointed by HEGL (Heguru) in Japan. This means the 3 Heguru centres in Singapore are operated by different owners and managed by different principals. The teachers are trained directly by HEGL Japan founder, Mrs Ruiko Henmi.
These are the centres (click on link to be directed to the centre’s website):
- Heguru Method Learning Centre @ Fusionopolis
- Heguru Education Centre @ Eunos
- Heguru Center Pte Ltd @ Novena
Heguru @ Fusionopolis
I’m introducing this centre to you because the senior programme instructor, Mrs. Rachel Pei, is my friend. Some highlights:
- The owners include mothers who have personally conducted right brain training on their children.
- The Principal, Mrs. Agnes Ng, is currently pursuing a Masters Programme in NIE with a specialized focus on the educational development of children, age 0 – 8 years. Her scope of study includes modules in Gifted Education, Special Needs Early Intervention, Assessments as well as Curriculum Planning. She is also a mother of two toddlers and have been actively exposing her children to right-brain training.
- The Vice-Principal, Mrs. Claire Ng, had been teaching in one of the top government primary schools in Singapore for a period of seven years prior to joining Agnes and her team at Heguru Method. Her vision is to see young children in Singapore benefiting from the tangible results achieved through professionally delivered right brain training methodology.
To find out more about the centre, teachers and curriculum, you may check out the Parents Information Sessions to be held on 22, 23, 29 and 30 December 2012. Classes will be starting from 3 Jan 2013.
Details are at Heguru Method Learning Centre @ Fusionopolis here.
May you and your child benefit from early right brain education!
P.S. When the opportunity arises, we’d try to attend a trial class for a more detailed review.
Disclosure: No compensation was received for this write-up. The senior programme instructor of this centre, Mrs. Rachel Pei, is my friend.
Mummy’s Homeschool™ is an information site that receives compensation if readers make purchases from affiliate links (these are marked with an *). If we receive compensation from the companies whose products we review, this would be disclosed. These compensation help to maintain and grow Mummy’s Homeschool™. We test each product thoroughly and give ratings according to our experience with it. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.