- Handwriting Worksheets: Easily create your own handwriting worksheets
- Progressive Phonics: Free phonics curriculum, including ebooks
- Books Should Be Free: Free audiobooks and ebooks
- Malaysia Library eMagazines & eBooks: New discovery, check it out!
- Singapore National Library Board eResources: My favourite is borrowing children’s ebooks and audiobooks from Overdrive, under eBooks. Super-convenient to read and listen from iPad
- High frequency word list: Top 5000 words in American English
- IXL: We subscribed to the Singapore edition for Language Arts for about 1 year.
- Playful Writing: A teacher’s handbook published by the University of Cambridge on how to integrate LEGO-building with creative writing. Find the link to the handbook at the end of the Introduction.
- LINE Dictionary: I like to use this free Chinese-English dictionary with search via handwriting or hanyu pinyin. Strokes order and audio pronunciation are also provided.
- IXL: Very thorough math practice, like assessment books on iPad. Vee and Jae used the Singapore math editions for about 2 years. They practised for about 2 hours a week from around 5 years old and were able to accelerate 2 grades. They sometimes used math manipulatives or flash cards while practising. Eventually they got the momentum of doing math practice and decided to stick with physical workbooks.
- Fractions App: By The Math Learning Center
- Sg Mathematical Modelling
- SuperCharged Science: Friend’s comment, “This is a really cool step-by-step guidebook that shows kids how to build some pretty cool things. The teacher, Aurora Lipper, is a former NASA rocket scientist who now teaches science to kids.”
- NASA Space Place: Printables and lesson ideas for teaching astronomy
More Free Printables
- Montessori Print Shop: Some free printables such as Color Matching Cards and Triangles (3-Part Cards)
Education / Homeschooling Blogs
Go back to Resources main page