These are some tutorials and printables that we’ve created for our Shichida / right brain home practice. We respect others’ copyrights, so only materials without copyrighted images are shared here.
Before you start, you may wish to read these 2 important posts first:
- Flashcards – Template (Print & Stick Method) (.ODP, 13kb) – Blank template for creating your own flashcards. Includes method of indexing the cards. Can be opened with free OpenOffice software.
Tip for printing large images: Export your completed slides (.ODP file) as PDF. For A5 (1/2 A4) flashcards, print the PDF file as 2 pages on 1 sheet.
- Flashcards – Alphabet (109kb) – Small and capital letters A to Z, to sing with the ABC Song
- Flashcards – Common English Words (1 – 100) – Join Mummy’s Homeschool Club to receive it
- Flashcards – Words with Man & Men (636kb) – To demonstrate the correct pronunciation of words ending with “man” and “men”
- Flashcards – Chinese Strokes 笔画 (190kb) – Covers 36 basic strokes. We use this with our Montessori Sandpaper Chinese Strokes here.
- Flashcards – 三字经 (1 to 7) (410kb, updated in June 2014) – Parts 1 to 7. We use this with 说说唱唱《三字经》published by warm372[dot]com, available at major Popular bookstores.
- Flashcards – Chinese song 老鹰捉小鸡 (102kb) – Easy & fun activities covering flashcards, arranging word cards & word search game (link to blog post)
- Flashcards – Malay song Kalau Rasa Gembira (138kb) – Sung to the tune of “If You Are Happy”. Our kids love these cards!
- Flashcards – Multiple births (718kb) – From twins to nonuplets, using duplicates of our baby’s photo. Direct printing style.
- Flashcards – Popular Food in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) (link to blog post)
- Flashcards & Senses / Memory Game Cards – Ten Green Bottles (link to blog post)
- Flashcards – Math Squaring Numbers (87kb) – Shows squared numbers in picture and written form.
- Flashcards – Pi (the first 200 digits) – link to blog post
- Flashcards – Names of Large Numbers – link to blog post
Speed Reading / Audio Memory
- [Tutorial] Speed Reading: How to increase playback speed of audio files
- [Tutorial] Speed Reading: Make your own audio files in 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x speeds
- Compare 2 pictures – Playful Penguins (433kb) – I’m lousy at drawing, yet managed to paint this by learning from Usborne Book of Lots of Things to Draw (Art Ideas)*
- Shichida Linking Memory Board for 6 cards (19kb) – Blank template, as a guide on where to place the cards. Designed to work with Tensai’s 2-year old big Linking Memory cards.
- Shichida Linking Memory Board for 10 cards (20kb) – Blank template, as a guide on where to place the cards. Designed to work with Tensai’s 4-year old small Linking Memory cards.
- Shichida Linking Memory Board for 40 cards (21kb) – Blank template, as a guide on where to place the cards. Designed to work with Tensai’s 4-year old small Linking Memory cards.
- Shichida Linking Memory Board for 50 cards (22kb) – Blank template, as a guide on where to place the cards. Designed to work with Tensai’s 4-year old small Linking Memory cards.
- Sample Progress Report (PDF, 72kb) – Modelled after Shichida’s observation booklet. After each of Vee’s enrichment
class(e.g. music), I record down my observations and thoughts in a positive way.
- Sample Progress Report Template (.ODT, 11kb) – Same as above, in editable format. Can be opened with free OpenOffice software.
- Classroom Calendar (Date, Weather in English and Chinese) (766kb) – (Updated 2019 to 2024) You may use this to introduce the date, day of the week and weather to warm up, before moving into
More files to be uploaded in future.
Remember to subscribe to our mailing list to be updated.
Disclosure: Mummy’s Homeschool™ is an information site that receives compensation if readers make purchases from affiliate links (these are marked with an *). If we receive compensation from the companies whose products we review, this would be disclosed. This compensation helps to maintain and grow Mummy’s Homeschool™. We test each product thoroughly and give ratings according to our experience with it. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Last updated: 16 January 2020