Here’s an easy way to increase playback speed of audio files for your Shichida speed reading home practice:
First of all, get ready some audio books or educational music files.
For Windows Media Player
If your computer has Windows Media Player, it can do up to 4x playback.
- Play a file, and then switch to Now Playing mode
- Right-click an open space in the Player (such as to the left of the Stop button), point to Enhancements, and then clickPlay speed settings
- Move the Play Speed slider to the speed at which you want to play the file, or click the Slow, Normal, or Fast links.To select speeds between the labelled play speeds, in the Play speed settings dialog box, clear the Snap slider to common speeds check box.
For more details, visit Change Playback Speed in Windows Media Player.
For Apple Computer
- Download VLC software at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- Open VLC software
- Click “Open media”, choose your audio file
- Go to Playback, choose playback speed using the slider (for instance, 2.00x and 4.00x)
Vee enjoys it when I play music and educational audio files to him at high speed.
You may also speed play audio books, videos and slide presentations (for older children) to activate right brain memory skills. If you look at the relevant book or material when speed listening, you may practise speed reading.
P.S. Too busy to make home practice materials? Go to:
Disclosure: Mummy’s Homeschool™ is an information site that receives compensation if readers make purchases from affiliate links (these are marked with an *). If we receive compensation from the companies whose products we review, this would be disclosed. These compensation help to maintain and grow Mummy’s Homeschool™. We test each product thoroughly and give ratings according to our experience with it. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.