Little El is learning to read Chinese and has been mixing up Chinese characters of the radical 辶 (走字底 zǒu zì dǐ).
So I made a Montessori-style printable puzzle to help him remember better.
It’s very simple…
Show the components of each character, spot the differences…
Control of error behind each puzzle…
Materials & Preparation
- Printable (download below): print double-side
- White or coloured paper x 1 piece
- Cut each character such that the radical is separated
- Control of error: Differ the cutting strokes so that each puzzle piece is unique
- Choose one character. Show it to the child and read it.
- Separate the puzzle into its 2 components and read them.
- Join them again and read the character.
- Flip it behind to check the pronunciation in hanyu pinyin.
- Choose another character to read.
- Invite the child to try.
- Shuffle the puzzle pieces. Then piece them together and read.
Control of Error
- Puzzle pieces match. Turn behind to check the hanyu pinyin.
Download the printable here
>>> Chinese 走字底 zou zi di puzzle (PDF, 50KB)
Happy teaching and learning Chinese!
Hop on to our other Chinese learning materials:
- How to Teach Chinese Reading
- Our Favourite Chinese Online Dictionary
- Flashcards & Home Practice Materials
- Montessori Printables
- Chinese Learning Activities
Join our mailing list below to receive more teaching tips and printables!