7yo Vee has 3-4 spelling “tests” covering 3 languages every week. He’s attending a Chinese school in Malaysia.
I usually try to make the revision sessions quick, fun and effective. I’ve covered some ideas in my Intermediate workshops.
Today I added a new idea, inspired by Montessori’s Pink Secrets:
- copy the words onto (recycled) slips of paper. E.g. A4 paper cut into 8 pieces.
- use red ink (or your child’s favourite colour) for extra motivational boost
- fold and put into a box / basket for a lucky draw spelling session
- child revises first; draws one slip; adult reads it out; child writes; self-check using the slip; correction (if needed)
- leave the basket on the child’s shelf / study table for further self-revision
As usual, have fun!
P.S. Check out my workshops here