When the older kids are in school, 2+yo El helps me to bake and here’s what we can touch on during the sessions:
– names of various ingredients and tools
– measuring (e.g. 1 1/4 cup of milk)
– numerals (e.g. Numbers on measuring cup: 50, 100, 150…)
– quantity by sight / counting (e.g. 3 eggs)
– shapes (e.g. of the mould / tray / muffins)
– wearing apron
– time (how many minutes)
– temperature: hot, cold, degrees
– cleaning up: wiping the floor / table
– senses: colour, smell and taste of ingredients and end-product
A big range of lessons in Montessori Practical Life, Sensorial, math and language involved.
No lesson plan needed. Just go with the flow of the day’s recipe and the child’s questions / comments.
Happy baking and schooling!