These are the printables I created for our Montessori homeschool (primary, 3-6 years old). I respect others’ copyrights, so only files without copyrighted images are shared here.
Language – Chinese
- Sandpaper Chinese Strokes (砂纸笔画) (107kb): Covers 36 basic strokes. Strokes in reverse, for making own Sandpaper Chinese Strokes. Red dot indicates which stroke to cut out. We use this with our Chinese Strokes Flashcards here.
- Chinese Nomenclature 3-Part Cards Numbers (一到十) (25kb): Match red dots to the corresponding number in Chinese.
- Chinese Radical 辶 (走字底): To read and remember characters with this radical (link to blog post)
- Festival: Dragon Boat Festival (端午节): To learn related vocabulary (link to blog post)
Language – English
- Sandpaper Letters (48kb) (link to blog post)
- Sandpaper Letters – Capital (45kB) (link to blog post)
- Writing – Sound Patterns (A to Z) (47kb): For writing “rainbow” letters as in Karen Tyler’s album.
- Writing – Line Placement Board (link to blog post)
- Sandpaper Numerals (0 to 9) (27kb): Numerals in reverse, for making own Sandpaper Numerals.
- Writing – Numerals Patterns (0 to 9) (18kb): For writing “rainbow” numerals as in Karen Tyler’s album.
- Hundred Board (261kb): Idea from Karen Tyler’s album.
- We use this Hundred Board with 100 recycled milk carton caps (label each one with a number, using cut out stickers)
- Alternatively, use with Learning Resources Two-Color Counters, Set of 200**
- Number Cards Large (30kb): Alternative for the wooden version. Print, laminate and cut 1 set. (Presentations: Refer to MontessoriAlbum wiki here)
- Number Cards Small (28kb): Alternative for the wooden version. Print, laminate and cut 3 sets. (Presentations: Refer to MontessoriAlbum wiki here)
- Golden Hundred Square and Golden Thousand Cube (link to blog post)
- Number & Words Card Game – 0 to 10,000 (link to blog post)
- Constructive Blue Triangles (49kb)
- Nomenclature 3-Part Cards – Template (Chinese text) (10kb): Blank template for customisation. I chose Magenta as the border for our homeschool’s Chinese cards. Feel free to change to another colour that isn’t used for other subjects (i.e. NOT yellow, red, blue, green, black)
- Nomenclature 3-Part Cards – Template (12kb): Blank template for customisation. Use a different coloured border for each subject. Sample Montessori Colour Code is included in the template for your reference.
- Individual Planning Sheet (82kb) (PDF) – Sample of what the file should look like. Refer to this post on how I use this recording tool.
- Individual Planning Sheet (138kb) (Mac, Pages)
- Individual Planning Sheet (9kb) (Word) – May need to edit the formatting
- Montessori – Contract Teacher Student Planning Sheet (11kb): Idea from Karen Tyler’s course. To let child plan his work for the day, to keep him focused. I print 2 pages on 1 sheet, then cut into A5 size. I attach this to a small clipboard for the child to tick off the list as he completes his planned work. Can be opened and edited with free OpenOffice software.
- Classroom Calendar (Date, Weather in English and Chinese) (766kb) – You may use this to introduce the date, day of the week and weather in different languages. Child may be invited to update the cards.
More files to be uploaded in future.
Remember to subscribe to our mailing list to be updated.
Disclosure: Mummy’s Homeschool™ is an information site that receives compensation if readers make purchases from affiliate links (these are marked with an *). If we receive compensation from the companies whose products we review, this would be disclosed. This compensation helps to maintain and grow Mummy’s Homeschool™. We test each product thoroughly and give ratings according to our experience with it. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Last updated: 9 July 2020